Here’s a wrap up of the latest Australian fashion and lifestyle labels, Melbourne spaces and other objets du jour that you should know about this month.
– The cult Cool Hunter website comes to real life! Their Store is chock-full of dreamy design and interiors. Basically it’s an aesthetes nirvana but it won’t be around forever. 142 Commercial Road, Prahran.
– Who cares about the cuisine? Ok, that pronouncement may be a little hasty, but Lûmé restaurant’s fit out has a subtle, earthy glamour that is worth the visit alone. One of the best looking Melbourne restaurants we’ve seen in a while. 226 Coventry Street, South Melbourne.
– New accessories label She Lion has some covetable handbags in their new online store. They like to think of them as “luxurious tools” for purposeful women.
– I’m a big fan of the cheeky new collection of nail colours by Limedrop. They are inspired by Australian hues including red backs, pavlova and even the movie Xanadu.
– Canadian minimalist luxury label Kit & Ace has arrived in Melbourne. Their pieces are so touchable, versatile and, of course, wearable. Pleased that they support local creatives and communities in-store too. 146 Greville Street, Prahran.
– The ML Vintage experience pops-up for just one weekend (15th and 16th August) offering unworn, authentic designer vintage pieces including Valentino, Versace and Missoni. Upstairs, 3/7 Almeida Cresent, South Yarra.
– For the timepiece-obsessed, yet another local watch label has sprung up (a sign of the times, perhaps?). Winston is designed with travelers in mind, featuring multiple straps to take one from sleek to smart casual in moments all enclosed in a travel pouch with space for a passport.
– Arty fashion types Perks And Mini / P.A.M. have finally opened their own store. The airy, gallery space features their own men’s and women’s labels plus a few friends like Gosha Rubchinskiy, Bernhard Willhelm and Visvim. Curtin House, level 3, 252 Swanston Street, Melbourne.