In just one month’s time the silly season will come to a climax. I’m a notoriously last minute gift shopper so this year I’m thinking up ideas on time and also presenting you with some Melbourne-centric ideas to spark your imagination when it comes to showering your loved ones with consumerist love. So have a very happy summer solstice, Saturnalia, Hanukkah, Christmas and holidays Melbourne…
1. Rainbow Ballet Flats by Walnut Melbourne, $39.95. Who needs ruby slippers to go over the rainbow when you adorn your tootsies with these babies?
2. Flocked Journal by Sportsgirl, $19.95. A little slice of Paris when you can’t quite afford the holiday.
3. Ulysses Neckpiece in Foxglove & Floss by Pine Lime, $220. From Rebecca Pine’s debut collection of leather jewellery entitled ‘Garden Party’.
4. Sparkle Bow Brooch by Kate Hill, $14.99. Too cute for words.
5. Harvest Box, $6.95. Tasty, healthy snacks delivered to you each week via subscription? That’s just crazy enough to work. StyleMelbourne readers can use the code 169BTG9RF at checkout to receive your first box free & your second at half price.
6. Thin Red Blue Stripe shorts by Franks. Boardshorts you’ll want to “borrow” from your boyfriend. Shorter shorts are where it’s at this summer.
7. Mint Julep perfume by Fleurage, $198. Fleurage says their inspiration for this fragrance is “hot summer’s nights sitting out on the balcony sipping refreshing cocktails for relief from the heat.” That about says it all.
8. Ceramic Balloon Pendant by Elk, $69. This whimsical pieces make me want to float away above the clouds.
9. Neighbourhood Calendar by The Design Files, $30. Features brilliant illustrations of Melbourne and beyond by Kat Macleod, Beci Orpic and The Design Files’ own Lucy Feagins.
10. J’Adore cuff by Chip Chop, $66.75. Quick! Only two of these tres chic cuffs left and on sale too.
11. Lavender pettiskirt by Chic by Sha. Because if you can’t be a bit whimsical with your wardrobe in December when can you?
12. Organic Essentials Collection by Bloom, $39.95. Includes hand cream, lip balm and soap almost good enough to eat.
13. Marie Antoinette headpiece by Ann Shoebridge. From her divine ‘Petit Fours’ collection.
14. Violet 50′s Soft Toy Pony by Wolf and Willow, $40.68. I know this adorable little guy is meant for the kidlets, yet I kind of want him to keep me company on my desk. Made in 1930′s reproduction fabric to a 1950′s pattern. Enter code STYLEMELBOURNE at checkout for a 15% discount.
So tell mama what’s on your wishlist this year?