A couple of seasons ago, I snagged a cute little clutch bag from Mimco (on sale as well!). The soft, tonal mocha leather with subtle stud detailing goes with EVERYTHING I own. It has a detachable wrist strap and is the perfect size to fit phone, money/cards, keys, lippy, perfumes and tissues. When my clutch and I venture out together, we are showered with compliments from everyone – my Mum, friends, work colleagues, even random strangers! A versatile clutch is definitely a wardrobe essential, so bring yours up-to-date with a beautiful selection of clutches from these Melbourne designers…
1. Amanda and Amanda’s Amelia Bag draws inspiration from the vintage-style purse. The burnt brass frame and chain complete the vintage look, whilst the brass beads are a delicate detail, adding texture.
2. Return to the Art Deco era with House of Baulch’s Spektra Clutch. Available in delicious caramel and jet black pearl embossed Lucite with metal detailing and metal box chain strap.
3. Launched in 2005, Belinda Pieris’ wallets and handbags are “inspired by the rich textures found in natural leather, experimenting with traditional and modern craft techniques.” The Summer 2010/11 collection does not disappoint, featuring elegant detailing and rich colours for a covetable collection.
4. The variation of colour from ivory to soft grey into black make Mimco’s Magazine Clutch an eye catching piece that will liven up any black dress. This clutch has a snap closure, internal pocket and is fully lined.
5. The stunning brushed gold twist lock is the hero of Lulki’s natural layer and weave clutch. With a zip closure, wrist strap, internal compartments as well as an external pocket, this show-stopping clutch has it all. Also available in a rosy hue.
Wise words by Courtney Symes
Images courtesy labels.