I was jumping out of a cab when my favourite black beaded necklace met a horrific fate. Beads bounced and scattered in every direction – under the cab, into the gutter and across the road. Despite my best attempts to gather them all, not even a re-string managed to return my treasured piece to its former glory. In honour of my lost gem, here is a selection of ink-hued jewels…
I haven’t come across a piece of black jewellery that doesn’t go with everything. Black on black is a superb way of adding some personality into an otherwise drab outfit and glossy jewellery contrasts particularly well with matte clothing, such as fine gauge black knitwear.
Discover the abundance of black jewellery on offer this winter. Go gothic this season and embrace your dark side with jewellery from these Melbourne designers;
1. The simplicity of Dani M‘s Crystal Visions Black Shards adjustable necklace is alluring and will make a bold statement against a simple outfit.
2. Elk Accessories‘ Black Resin Necklace is made from light weight resin. With a matte finish, this uncomplicated style is versatile and ideal for layering up with other jewellery pieces.
3. Let your wrists do the talking in Alexandra Blak’s Lego XL Black Cuff. This piece is hand-sculptured from black Lucite (acrylic) for a contemporary look.
4. For intricate, vintage inspired designs, check out Aliss and Ena’s Chandelier Earrings. Made from glass beads and diamante these delicate pieces are available in two colourways. Wear them on there own during the day or combine with other jewellery pieces and a gorgeous cocktail dress for a show-stopping evening look.
5. House of Baulch’s Geospektra collection features Art Deco inspired pieces in a mixture of metal and Lucite. The metal box chain neck in black pearl demonstrates simple and effective design, complimenting other pieces in the range, as well as your wardrobe. The adjustable length also makes this an adaptable piece.
Wise words by Courtney Symes
Images courtesy respective labelsTags: alexandra blak, aliss and ena, dani m, elk accessories, house of baulch, jewellery